Hi, friends! As usual, I am a bit behind on posting things — my lovely parcel from the Spring Sewing Swap is no exception, considering that it is now officially summer! Early last week I had the fun of receiving a nice little package all the way from Australia — from my new sewing friend Shelly at Shelly’s D.I.Y. Style.
Shelly and I chatted a bit before the swap and realized that we share similar tastes and sewing goals. That made shopping for Shelly both easy and hard — easy because I could buy her things that I would like myself, but hard because there was so much I wanted to send! (If you want to see what I decided on, head over to Shelly’s post and check it out.)
So without further ado, let me show you the wonderful things Shelly sent all the way around the globe for me:
1. Two yards of beautiful pink cotton lawn which is likely to become a summer top from a pattern I have been asked to test. The fabric looks a bit wrinkly now because I have already washed it for sewing 🙂
2. An adorable set of flower print buttons (perhaps to go with said top?).
3. Some needle gripper pads. I have never seen these before but I will definitely love using them — I can see them saving me a lot of headache!
4. A new retractable measuring tape. Shelly must have a spy in my sewing room because I just broke my favorite retractable tape and have looked at a new one every time I go to the store but haven’t bought one. It’s a good thing because the one Shelly sent is so much better than what I’ve seen around here.
5. Aqua and brown bias tape. I love print bias tape and this one has such a soft and supple hand I can’t wait to find a project to incorporate it into.
6. Red and white trim. Red is one of my favorite colors so I know this will be easy to use.
7. And last but not least, that cute little ladybug you see is a darling thread cutter that can be stuck onto my sewing machine. How adorable is that??
Thanks so much, Shelly, for sending me my lovely treats — I am so excited about giving them all a good home. And thanks to Kerry at Kestrel Makes for organizing this swap. It’s so nice to receive a sewing-related gift from someone who knows about sewing. I look forward to doing it again soon!