Were y’all wondering where all the sewing projects had gone? I’ve had a few finished but just haven’t had a chance to take pictures and get the details typed up. But here’s one for you.
This is an out of print Vogue pattern (number 8032) for a cute halter top that I thought I would like to have in several different fabrics. I bought the pattern on eBay and made a quick muslin since some folks on patternreview.com had mentioned it fitting funny in the armholes. I got in a hurry and only pin-basted the bodice to the neckband and thought it fit fine — oops.
It ended up gaping in the armholes so I had to take it up with a dart after the fact. I was really disappointed because I had done such a good job with all my seam finishes and was using a cute Marc Jacobs cotton fabric that I got for only $5 a yard. In the end, it is wearable and I think I will get plenty of use out of it this summer.
If I make this top again, I will cut a smaller size and do a full bust adjustment to see if that helps with the fitting issues. Or I may just draft my own pattern from scratch since it is such a simple style. If you are contemplating making Vogue 8032, definitely make a muslin first. Aside from the armhole issue, this is a very easy top to sew and could definitely be sewn together in an afternoon.
Stay tuned for more finished sewing projects as well as some of the yummy baked goodies that have been coming out of my kitchen lately (including something for a bachelorette party!!!). I hope you are having a relaxing weekend!